I’ve been getting quite a few visitors to my blog looking for cathedral window pincushions and a tutorial to make one as I made one back in August last year. So I thought I would make another one and maybe try my hand at a tutorial whilst I was at it.
It’s amazing the difference a year makes. I found it so much easier to make this one and I think my stitching is much neater and less visible. It is a bit of a monster at 5″ square though – possibly more of a small doll’s cushion than a pincushion!
One of the new things this time round was machine stitching round one of the windows (the blue and brown one). I hand-stitched the other one (the pink and green one) and I’m not entirely sure which I like best. I also used a ladder stitch to close the ends up which looks a lot neater than whip stitching.
Tutorial to follow once I’ve waded through all my photos and got it written up!