Yesterday I was off to Sarah’s for a crafty day. I think we’ve got a pattern to these now: a mid morning start, much playing with baby Peter (who is growing taller and cuter by the day) and lots of chat, a bit of craft post lunch whilst he’s napping and then more play/chat. I love these days so much! They’re just so much fun.
Highlights of yesterday include:
- Squeezing in Peter’s first trip to Hobbycraft. I mean, what 6 month old doesn’t need to know the range of craft supplies available down the road?
- Sorting out the layout of my Blue Block Blanket – each row is now bagged up ready to be put together
- Feeding Peter lunch and a) him eating it all and b) not getting it on the walls or ceiling
- Purchasing these gorgeous colours for a cute cross stitch pattern I found in a magazine
- Giving Peter a bottle and him falling asleep on me
- Much chat with Sarah, especially getting ideas for trees to go in my garden (not that I have one – I’m getting way too carried away here, following the trip to see houses on Monday). We’re thinking witch hazel for winter colour and (I think) snowy mespilus for its gorgeous blossom.
- Chatting with Ben once he got back from work and getting an outside opinion on the second development we saw on Monday (go for Plot 3)!
I’ll say it again. It was an ace day!