Snowflake pattern adjustment

Both my test snowflake hexagon and first real one came out a bit ruffled round the edges. For such a little thing, it was driving me mad and I kept trying to smooth the ruffles out only for them to bounce back into place.

snowflakeblanket_ruffled

There’s _no_ way I could cope with a ruffly blanket as I would spend all the time trying to smooth it out and get grumpy when I couldn’t, so I decided to try tweaking the pattern a bit. I removed a tr from either side of the dtrs in round 6 then reduced the number of stitches on each side in the remaining rounds by 2.

snowflakeblanket_notruffled

Much better. Flat edges = no smoothing = happy me!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 15 other followers

%d bloggers like this: