I haven’t posted a 101 Things update for a while, although I have been doing odd bits here and there, so here’s a catch up of August through to December.
Key: In progress,
#15 Crochet a blanket
100 blocks done.
#17 Make a Christmas wreath
I’m so, so pleased with how this turned out. I’d also forgotten it was on my list, so this one’s a bonus 🙂
I also made homemade cards so that’s the next one done too…
#18 Send homemade Christmas cards
#28 Use Orange Wednesday 6 times
1 of 6 (Sherlock Holmes 2 – awesome if only for the Stephen Fry breakfast scene. Pure genius…)
#29 Complete a 2000 piece jigsaw
Just in time for Halloween, I completed this cartoon haunted house puzzle over 4 days…
#34 Watch at least one film a month or cancel the LoveFilm subscription
- Sherk Forever After
- My Sister’s Keeper (rubbish – the book is way better)
- Oops – I kinda missed this month
- Tron Legacy
- Captain America
#42 Go once to each of the following: theatre, musical, opera, ballet, classical concert
Saw We Will Rock You earlier this month. One word. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
#49 Play Skyrim
I haven’t finished the game but I’m head of the Mages Guild and I think I’m Skyrimed out.
#55 Store CDs in the attic
#61 Take meter readings each month
Meh. I just never seem to do this. I think I’m going to give up on this one.
#69 Try 2 new recipes every month
- Beef stroganoff (from The Slow Cooker Cookbook)
- Paprika pork (from One ingredient 4 ways)
- Tuna & noodle casserole (also from One ingredient 4 ways)
- Strawberry daiquiri mini cupcakes (from Cake Days. These disappeared so fast!)
- Chicken and mushroom risotto
- Blueberry crumble loaf (again from Cake Days. That book is bad…)
- Linguine with smoked salmon and rocket (also from One ingredient 4 ways. Handy book that one…)
- Chicken and vegetable casserole
- Banana and raspberry loaf
- ? No idea. I think I managed two each month but the details of the last one escape me!
#70 Make something with each unused piece of kitchen equipment
I made a bit more progress on this by making gingerbread cookies with my Christmas cookie cutters. I think I need to do an inventory to work out what I have left unused as I’m not too sure what’s lurking at the back of some of my drawers!
Overall, I think that’s not too bad going. Still got a lot left though!