Woohoo, my second 101 Things finish!
I got a Kindle last year and bought a blue case for it. Bad decision. Really bad. I was trying to get away from my pink obsession, but the blue just doesn’t do it for me. It’s just not pretty. So I decided to make a case for the case. It helps keep dust out, but really, I made it because I
needed wanted a pink cover!
I left a bit of time between making this and blogging it because it the making part didn’t go so well. My first attempt (ah yes, things are obviously heading downhill when I mention it took more that one go to make), was too small. I still have absolutely no idea how that happened, but it did. Then my sewing machine took a dislike to the second version and refused to top stitch through the layers.
But I got there in the end. And it’s pretty (and pink), so I’m happy. The outer fabric is Cathedral Peony from the Good Folks range by Anna Maria Horner. The inside fabric is something from my Baby Jane collection.
And for future reference should I decide to
torture myself make another of these, I cut 16.5″x10″ but would probably go to 9.75″. 9.25″ is too narrow.
Oh, yeah, looking at the second picture reminded me that I originally sewed the snap fastener on upside down *sigh*