So where were we? Ah yes, I’d finally cracked my colour combos for my blanket! You have no idea how happy that made me, as although the saga has taken 3 posts (here, here and here), it probably took 3 weeks to get to this point!!
So I got started but the colours just didn’t work with the block I’d picked because there wasn’t enough contrast.
By this point there was absolutely NO WAY I was changing the colour combos. So I decided to change the block. Again. Meh. It was either that or give up entirely (and that thought had crossed my mind on more than one occasion).
Anyway, I spotted the Summer Garden Granny Square pattern on the Attic24 site. I thought it might work a bit better because the gaps between the trebles would help differentiate between contrasting colours. So I tried it. And liked it!
The only thing was that this square is 3.5″, which is much small that the Spinner block so I’m going to have to make loads more than first planned, eek. But anyway, I’ve got my colours sorted, I’ve got my block sorted. All I have to do is make the blocks. Simples…. And about time too 🙂