Yes, the title does say October, so yes I am behind once again. Although in fairness, the fabric didn’t arrive until the 31st of October, so it’s not quite as bad as it sounds…
The pattern for this month was stars, and we were given two centre squares, one red and one yellow. The the rays were made out of red and yellow gingham fabric and we had free choice how to distribute the red and yellow rays.
Sounds easy enough and so it was for block 1:
However I came adrift partway though block 2. I really don’t know what I was thinking, but I ran out of white for the corner squares. I tried my LQS but it’s back to the good old “white isn’t white” problem that I had with my Baby Jane quilt because the white in the LQS is kinda creamy so doesn’t match the white in the block.
I emailed Sandra and she’s happy to take what I’ve done so far and finish it herself rather than for me to finish it with the LQS “white”. But I really feel stupid. This was such a simple block and I totally messed up.
Anyway, this is what it looks like now, and roughly what it’ll look when it’s finished.