Back at the start of 2010, I set myself some goals for the year ahead. Well 0.5 out of 3 ain’t bad, I suppose. I managed to try lots some new things like crochet, paper piecing, applique and inserting a zipper. But I pretty much failed at everything else!
I’m ok about the lack of FMQ. I’m happy with straight line quilting at the moment and am going to work on improving that before I try FMQ. I’m also ok about not making something from every craft book or not making a bigger quilt. These things will happen in time.
So instead of focussing on my failures, here’s my highlights:
- I bought a new awesome sewing machine and made some cute pincushions
- I did more embroidery and joined embroider-bee
- I started learning crochet and inflicted a lovely wonky heart thingy on my hubby for Valentine’s day
- I made some baby quilts and have made the Pointy Quilt of Torture my longest WIP
- I started a Baby Jane quilt. A very, very pink one 🙂
- I joined Bee Europa and got to make loads of different blocks that I’d never have tried otherwise
All in all, 2010 was a pretty good year. I could have done more over the second half, but that’s not something I can change and I had my reasons. Looking forward, there’s lots I want to do in 2011, so I’m going to get off the PC and go start doing it…