Well better late than never! That seems to be my Bee Europa motto of late but I’ve finally got my May blocks for Bee Europa all sewn up. Beatriz asked for blocks, inspired by these so I spent some time brainstorming, which turned into the first block.
I’m not hugely happy with how it turned out but I’m struggling to put my finger on what I’m not in love with. It possibly just feels a bit forced – like I was trying too hard to be less structured or something!
So for block 2, I discarded my designs and just laid out some fabric on my ironing board and sewed bits together, then laid it out again and added more bits until I had a complete block. I think this was more in the spirit of what Beatriz was after and I’m much happier with the result.
Now I just have to get on with my June blocks…