Two blocks completed and three prep’d. Now that’s a step in the right direction!
I-1: Ralph & Nelda’s Wedding
- Pieces: 20
- Fabric: Pretty Pink Leaves from the Love U range for Moda by Deb Strain
- Description: Rotary cut and machine pieced
- Notes: I followed the instructions at That Quilt, but made the nine-patch strips a bit longer to give me some wiggle room to ensure I ended up with straight edges when I cut the strips down to size.
L-7: Town Square
- Pieces: 17
- Fabric: Reflections in mottled pink by Fabric Freedom
- Description: The centre square was foundation pieced and the rest was rotary cut and machine pieced
- Notes: I only foundation pieced the centre square because I thought it would be quicker to rotary cut the rest, but I think it actually took longer!
Here are my prep’d blocks (L to R), G-1 Hattie’s Hen House, B-5 Hot Cross Buns, H-4 Abbey’s Eyes. B-5 wasn’t on my list but I mis-cut the fabric for G-1 (doh) and seeing as I’d planned to make B-5 in the same fabric, I thought I’d might as well get it prep’d.