Still can’t face the sewing machine, so I did some more appliqué…
Man, those melons just didn’t want to end up in the right position! I lined each one up but as soon as I started basting, they’d shift a bit. Not by much but enough to be wrong. Pah! And don’t get me started on the fabric wrestling involved in trying to make the points pointy!
All in all, I think those melons had minds of their own 🙂 Or perhaps a collective mind – one determined not to be appliquéd. It was still fun though and I’m happy with how it turned out 🙂
- Pieces: 7 (apparently the square they’re appliquéd onto counts)
- Fabric: No idea
- Description: Hand appliqué using the “freezer paper underneath” method
- Notes: I need to work out a way to baste without shifting the fabric being basted. I also need to work on making pointy points without turning the air blue!