At Christmas, I was very lucky to receive lots of crafty books. I used to have one, on FMQ, but now I have these too and it feels a bit like I have my own library…
From top to bottom, the books are:
- Crochet Unravelled by Claire Bojczuk. This is a beginners guide with pics for left-handers, which should help me out a lot as I’m a lefty
- 200 Crochet Blocks for blankets, throws and afghans by Jan Eaton
- Gifts for Baby by Catherine Woram. This is the book I borrowed to make a couple of cot decorations, but it was so great, I had to get my own copy!
- Making Children’s Clothes by Emma Hardy. It’s got some really cute ideas, I just need to find some children to practice on 😉
- sew what! Skirts by Francesca Denhartog and Carole Ann Camp
- Little Stitches for Little Ones by Amy Butler
- Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I absolutely HAD to have this book because it has the pattern for this colour wheel quilt.
- Material Obsession Two by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke
- Making Vintage Bags by Emma Brennan
- Jelly Roll Inspirations by Pam and Nicky Lintott. I liked their previous book, Jelly Roll Quilts, but I think this one is even better!
- Sunbonnet Sue Visits Quilt in a Day by Eleanor Burns
I’ve been flicking through these since Christmas and there is so much inspiration floating around in those books. Now I’ve just got to decide where to start…!